Apr 19, 2020
In today’s constantly connected world, it is not surprising that a new type of challenge is emerging among business decision-makers: brain fatigue.
According to Forbes.com Mental Fatigue is “a condition triggered by prolonged cognitive activity. Basically, it sends your brain into overdrive, leaving you exhausted, hampering your productivity and overall cognitive function.”
And, when you consider what we are facing today and likely will face tomorrow, as the world changes before our eyes, brain burnout seems inevitable, unless you take action now.
Are there benefits to addressing Brain Fatigue in your Organization Now?
Yes, if you approach combating brain fatigue strategically, the steps you take to keep your organization’s brains balanced could produce increased productivity, creative thought, and inspiration. Luckily, there are a host of innovative ways to help yourself, your staff, and your colleagues cope during periods of stress, including this one.
5 Ideas to Refresh your Outlook:
1. Schedule in time to reflect – whether it is a recurring appointment on your team calendar or reserved time, carve out 30 – 60 min for key thinkers in your organization to reflect on their goals, objectives, approach and processes each week. This of it as the spell check for how your most critical assets are using their time.
2. Make executive learning a priority – it is always tough to make time for your senior staff to keep learning, especially when they are so busy. But, giving them access to new ideas, perspectives and information will only make them better.
3. Take time to dream as a Team – having a wonderful goal or dream for where you want to take your organization can be a real source of inspiration and motivation.
4. Give Friday afternoons off – giving your team a little more personal time can be a silver bullet to burn out and brain fatigue. We put this into place last year and got so much more productivity on the other days, it more than compensated for the shorter day on Friday.
5. Celebrate more company holidays – same as above, an extra day or two off during the year, will reap loads, increasing morale and productivity. We started giving our team Good Friday off and encourage them to worship (whatever they want).
Some Executive Learning Experiences Worth Considering:
In the current environment of social distancing, an increasing number of events have become accessible online – even optimized for it. This creates a great opportunity for you to prioritize executive learning and collaboration safely.
You can find a nice list of virtual events for business and technical people on The Bizzabo Blog. On this list is one of our favorite events and one you should seriously consider attending:
IBM’s 2020 Think conference May 5-6, 2020.
This year’s unique digital format is full of industry heavy-weights and is still free to attend. Additionally, you have easy access to hundreds of expert-led sessions, an opportunity to be inspired by thought leaders, and hear about the latest technologies to help drive growth in your business.
Here are some sessions you might love:
Leading Through Change and the Critical Role of Infrastructure
|Wednesday, May 06 | 02:30 PM - 03:00 PM | Channel 2 - Featured Sessions|
|Wednesday, May 06 | 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM | Channel 2 - Featured Sessions 2|
Accelerate Agility and Efficiency with Cloud
|Tuesday, May 05 | 01:30 PM - 02:00 PM | Channel 2 - Featured Sessions 2|
|Tuesday, May 06 | 09:30 PM - 10:00 PM | Channel 2 - Featured Sessions 2|
Reduce Operational Cost and Ensure Supply Chain Resiliency
|Tuesday, May 05 | 02:00 PM - 02:30 PM | Channel 1 - Featured Sessions 1|
|Tuesday, May 05 | 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM | Channel 1 - Featured Sessions 1|
Act, Don't React: How AI and Automation Will Change the Way You Work
|Wednesday, May 06 | 12:15 PM - 01:00 PM | Channel 1 - Featured Sessions 1|
|Wednesday, May 06 | 08:15 PM - 09:00 PM | Channel 1 - Featured Sessions 1|
You can get your free pass to IBM’s Think 2020 Digital on their event page – you will need an IBM.com ID to register (only takes a couple minutes). Get your free pass from IBM.
If you want some help, get live support from our Events team – Let us sign you up.